Yes. I am going to do the stereotypical thing and post my New Year’s Resolutions to my lifestyle blog. Who would have guessed? I would like to take a moment and share my views on the whole idea of resolutions before I share my own.
The whole concept of new year, new me. Or having to start from scratch is bologna to me. I believe your resolutions should be based and built around the progress you have already made, betting the person you already are, and continuing to work on creating a future you would like to have.
The difference may seem insignificant to point out…but I feel like it relieves the pressure to be perfect. If you have the “whole new person” approach puts too much pressure to not mess up (which is going to happen…because we are human) which leads to giving up as the stress of our own expectations are too much.
That being said: resolutions are a great tool to give you a guideline…not a rule book…on how to reach your goals and build off the person you already are. That is all I have to say on the subject, here are my resolutions for 2020:
- Reach out to at least one friend or family member I don’t usually chat with once a week.
- Continue to be vegan. ❤
- Meditate 10 minutes daily.
- Do a self-reflection at least once a week.
- Join one class or group of like minded individuals this year.
- Make budget and track spending.
- Save $5,000
- Read one book a month (Read 10 pages a day)
- Journal daily
- Finish book (Edit 10 pages a day)
- Learn Spanish
- Pick up home daily
- water plants regularly (yes, I struggle)
- Post M.W.F. Blogs
- Be able to do a handstand
- Take a kickboxing class
- 150 lbs by February 23
- Practice daily yoga
- 3 BG checks a day
- A1C down to 7
That is all for today! I hope you all had a great New Years! See you Friday!