Happy Friday! It’s been a minute. I feel like I have been saying that a lot lately…and that’s okay…that’s where I have been. I have been feeling sick…didn’t quite get the fresh, new start I was ideally searching for 2020. However, I think that is a good reminder that…time is just a concept…and you can get a fresh new start whenever and however you are ready.
That being said…I am starting (FINALLY) feeling better. I am back on my feet, rather than curled up in bed…I have some lovely supportive humans in my life that are reminding me what is important to me…so I am excited to come back with a little list of things that are helping me “reset” or are getting me out of my slump.
- Juicing. I know! Hold on…I am poor too…I am short on time too…I am not suggesting a huge juice cleanse…I am talking about adding fresh juice somewhere…somehow…in your day. I bought a 50 lb bag of carrots for $10.00. You can juice one bundle of celery for a dollar. But I swear on my life…adding even 8 oz of fresh juice to my day…has helped so much. I cannot recommend that enough.
- Reading. This one isn’t for everyone…but this is my favorites list isn’t it? I have been adding a bit of reading when I am on my breaks at work, when I am about to go to bed…I pick up a book like I used to back when I was in school…and it really adds that little bit of joy or something to look forward to back in my day.
- Trying new food. When you get into the health world and lean to healthier goals…it’s easy to get into ruts with foods. Eating the same thing day in and day out. But adding a new spice or new veggie weekly has been helping my stay curious. Stay creative in the kitchen.
- Lemons, echinacea, & ice. Water can get boring. Not going to lie. But adding things to my water has been helping me stay hydrated. I know it’s an old, beaten down tip…but its an old go to. You think that once you get in the habit of drinking water….you will stick to it…but sometimes you fall off the wagon and need something to help get back on.
- Rest. Sometimes when you have too much to do and feel like you have too little time…it’s hard to remember what is urgent. SLEEP. I have been taking a deep breath and putting todos aside if it gets too late and choosing sleep. And guess you is more productive the next day? yep. Me. It’s always the simple things, I am telling ya.
I realize these are simple and probably old news…but it’s renewing me in my journey to a better, healthier life. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and I will see you all Monday.